Interview of Angel Pui, CEO of My Wedding Notes

Chris Wilkinson, CEO of HabiTECH interviews Angel Pui, CEO of My Wedding Notes

Why did you become an entrepreneur?
Entrepreneurs never plan to become one. We are simply not satisfied with the status quo in our everyday lives and we are arrogant enough to want to scratch the itch ourselves while thinking we are the best person to do it.

What did you want to become as a child?
I wanted to be an architect, to build small-scale models all day. I also wanted to be a race-car driver, a pilot, an olympics athlete, a video games or toy maker, and a fashion designer.

What's your favorite part of a typical day?
End of the day, because I know I've done a little more than yesterday, and just a bit closer to tomorrow.

What skill would you most like to improve?
Concentration. I might have ADHD. I can only spend 10 minutes on one task at a time. So I have a comprehensive system doing task 1, task, 2, task 3, then back to task 1 and task 2. 60% of the time, it works every time. (chuckle)

What is the one skill you'd most like to have as an entrepreneur?
Decisiveness. I am a libra, we are known to be indecisive and evaluate all angles of a situation. I'd like to trust my instinct more, sometimes I question why I think or feel a certain way, when it comes naturally or seem too simple of a solution.

What is the one skill you possess that contributes the most to your success?
My ability to mimic and learn quickly. As an entrepreneur, you are often stuck doing everything yourself, so you must be a great salesperson, fundraiser, strategic planner, cold-caller, innovative marketer and designer, all with the shortest amount of learning curve while outputting world-class work that no one can detect is your first jab at it.

What is the most difficult thing you have learned to do?
To cold-call and in a few minutes, convince someone to invest in time and believe in you.

What is the most successful cold-call you have done?
While driving in LA heading to the airport. I saw the Disneyland billboard. I called their 1-800 number, convinced the front-desk to give me the number of the Director of Disney Weddings and then convinced him to see me that same day. He gave me 2 minutes to pitch him why my business will benefit Disney Weddings. I skipped the exit I intended, missed my flight and headed straight to Anaheim. To collaborate and integrate our website would have costed millions of dollars, even just for insurance. He asked me to revisit the idea next fiscal year when their budget renews, I considered that a success. (I even saved the ticket)

What is the best advice you've given other entrepreneurs?
Whatever you do, do the best you can and never set a limit on how far you can go. There is always a better way, a more efficient, faster, smarter way to do things. It doesn't matter what you do, it only counts when it's the best you can do, always try to achieve more. Don't get comfortable, usually your best ideas and best work come from being challenged and in an uncomfortable state.

What has been the most rewarding moment in your years of entrepreneurship?
When I realized my business or my work has benefited others. When a former team member tells you she learnt most of her skills from working with you, and now she's successful and achieving her dreams. When you know you have inspired someone else, it feels great. Be generous with what you have and know.

What has been the most surprising thing you have learnt?
It always seem tougher than it really is, just take it one step at a time, and it can be done. Timing is as important as any skills.

What inspires you the most?
Children and their imagination. We, as children, have the abilities to live in reality while creating a fantasy world constantly. As entrepreneurs, we have the same abilities to better any aspect of our reality, whether on the net or with a prototype

Comments

Anonymous said…
I Believe Angel's clients have the right to know how she REALLY feels about marriage and where she stands with making out with married men!!

Popular posts from this blog

Childhood Days

Some quotes